Here is a quick explanation of what is functional training (FT). FT is basically doing exercises that replicate daily moving. Meaning, if you are having a challenging time picking up your shoes in the morning or you are experiencing a lot of strain on your lower back when reaching to get that cat liter out of your trunk, then a personal trainer Portland Or or fitness professional will reproduce those movements in a close setting so you will strengthen those muscles involved in that certain activity. This type of training is great to compliment any type of fitness routine and everyone should incorporate some type of this in their current routine.
If you need to lose weight and you have a good amount that you need to get rid of, then here are two simple steps you can follow that are feasible. The first one is do your best to walk and expend 250 calories. The second step is to reduce your food intake by 250 calories, which can be done by cutting out simple things like: soda, switching the types of carbohydrates you eat, cutting back on alcohol, etc. The rule of thumb is that you want to start off by doing small modifications, don’t go crazy and try to do it all at one time. By doing this, you will burn and cut out 3500 calories per week, which equals one pound of fat. It takes 3500 calories to burn one pound of fat, so here is an easy way to lose 1 pound per week!
When you start off slow and build momentum, you will learn more, be able to make sensible decisions and still enjoy the entire process of getting in shape and developing a healthy lifestyle.
If you are still having a challenging time to find the motivation and accountability, then maybe considering hiring a fitness professional in your area. If you are in the Northwest, then do your best to research and find a Portland personal trainer to help you develop a program that will create a win-win outcome.
The question is: How Much protein does a person need in their daily food intake? There is an easy calculation that you can do so you know how much you should eat throughout the day. Remember, the amount of protein that you should eat should represent about 15% of your daily food intake.
Protein Calculation: Take your weight in pounds (lbs) multiply by 0.6 to 0.9
Equation: (lbs) (0.6) = Protein Intake
(lbs) (0.9) = Protein Intake
If you have any questions about what types of proteins you can eat or just want to discuss it, consult a registered dietitian in your are. These are the experts when it comes to nutrition and developing exact food plans that individuals can follow. In addition, if your are working with a Portland personal trainer or fitness professional, make sure they are making your keep a food diary so you can discuss it with them and this is something you can show your registered dietitian.
If you are looking for ways to lose that muffin top here are some helpful hints that we think can help you:
1. Pick a pair a jeans that you would like to fit into without that extra skin hanging over the side. No one likes to see that skin hanging over, so go buy a pair a jeans that you want to be able to fit in – these are your Goal Jeans!
2. Start increasing your cardio respiratory exercise, but when you do it, make sure you are in your target training heart rate
3. Start doing some weight training in order to increase your muscle mass, which will in turn help you burn calories throughout the day.
4. If you need assistance, we would recommend hiring a personal trainer in your area to really push you to the next level.
5. Start writing your food in a journal so you can visually see what you are eating. You will be surprised when you see how much or little you eat.
The first link above is an excellent article/press release on muffin top exercises.
If you are having a challenge finding time to workout, because of work, family, traveling, etc., then here are some helpful hints.
1. Give yourself an allotted amount of time that you can workout and block it out.
2. If all you have is 20 minutes, then make your workout back to back with exercise and keep your rest to a minimum.
3. Focus on doing full body movements, especially if you can only do two workouts per week. If you can workout more often, then you can separate your body into different muscle groups and then exercise them accordingly.
4. You want to keep that heart rate up the entire time so you can get the benefits of cardiorespiratory fitness at the same time.
5. Set small goals/milestones on what you want to achieve through your fitness routine.
6. You can always hire a personal trainer in your area to help you if need more motivation. If you are in Portland, Oregon then hire a Portland personal trainer. If you are in New York, then find a New York personal trainer or seek a referral.